Dr. Juan Lopez Corvala
Weight Loss (Bariatric) Surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico
Specialty: Weight Loss Surgery, Bariatric Surgery
Hospital: Angeles Tijuana
Languages: English, Spanish
Experience: +30 years
Dr. Lopez Corvala is considered among the top ten weight-loss surgeons in the world and the standard for excellence in bariatric weight-loss surgery thanks to his extensive practicing and academic history. He has performed more than 10,000 laparoscopic surgeries with more than half being bariatric weight-loss surgeries, is a regular speaker at the industry’s top events around the world, has held many academic positions including professor of weight-loss specialty courses at Yale University in Connecticut United States, has published multiple books around many related techniques and is board member at the most recognized medical associations around the world.
Dr. Lopez Corvala obtained his medical education with a specialty in general surgery from the LaSalle University in Mexico City which is one of the most recognized universities for surgeons in Mexico and now with over 30 years of practicing experience continues performing all of his own surgeries himself and continues to mentor many veteran surgeons including serving as Proctor for INAMED worldwide where he teaches many U.S. surgeons who are training bariatric surgery
- Professor of General Surgery of The University of Baja California from 1993 to present.
- Professor of Surgery Residence in the General Hospital of Tijuana from 1990 to present.
- Professor of Basic Laparoscopic Surgery Training Center, Tijuana.
- Professor of The Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Training Center, Tijuana.
- International Professor of Bariatric Surgery.
- Professor of hernia surgery, in Yale Connecticut in the United States, 2001.
- Professor of The XI International Congress of Endoscopic Surger.
- SILS Course Director. Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery.
- Director of The Laparoscopic Surgery Tanning Center of the Laparoscopic Group of Baja California.
- Professor in the course “Extreme Bariatric” of the “American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery” held in May 2008.
- Director of multiple Lap-Band fellowships from 1999 to 2011.
Degrees & Professional Affiliations
- Honorary Member of the Gastroenterology Association of Guanajuato.
- Member of the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE).
- Member of the Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgery (ALACE).
- Member of the International Federation of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Disorders.
- Member of the Council of Advanced Bariatrics (C.A.B.).
- Member of the Mexican Association of Obesity Surgery.
- Member of the Mexican Association of General Surgery (AMCG).
- Member of the General Surgeons Association in Tijuana.
- Member of The Mexican College for Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases.
- Certified General Surgeon by the Mexican Board of General Surgery (No. 2454).
- Certified General Surgeon by the Mexican Council of General Surgery.
- Certified Bariatric Surgeon by The Mexican College for Obesity Surgery and Metabolic diseases.
- Certified Bariatric Surgeon Specialist by The Mexican Council of General Surgery A.C.
Dr. Lopez Corvala Specialty Surgeries
Weight loss surgeries performed by Dr. Lopez Corvala at Angeles Hospital
Dr. Lopez Corvala Bariatric (Weight-Loss) Procedures include:
Dr. Lopez Corvala Patient Testimonials
Weight loss surgery patient reviews for Dr. Lopez Corvala
Best Hospital Facilities in Tijuana, Mexico
The Safe, Affordable and Personalized Experience
- US and Mexico Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
- Personalized Experience, unlike everywhere else, we only accept one Mommy Makeover Surgery per day to ensure the highest level of personalized care from our entire team caring for your wellbeing and satisfaction
- Home to Dr. Lopez Corvala one of the top ten weight-loss surgeons in the world and the standard for excellence in bariatric weight-loss surgery
- Full-scale certified hospitals and clinics with International Accreditation’s
- Best technologically advanced medical facilities in Tijuana
- Personal Transportation Services
- Concierge Services for Any Type of Additional Needs
- Comfortable rooms with space available for companion upon request